She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ode to Virginia Chestnut by CeCe Caldwell's Paints

 
I use the Virginia Chestnut color by CeCe Caldwell’s Paints a lot when I paint. 
When I tell people this, I get, why would you paint a piece of furniture 
that’s already a wood brown color, brown… 
Glad you asked. So I googled Virginia Chestnut and a piece of furniture 
I painted a couple years ago came up (pic blow).
 I use Virginia Chestnut for the most part as an undertone color to make the top color richer/darker. 
The wood on the piece I’m working on now has a bit of an orange tone to it, so when I distress it I want a richer brown to show through. 
I put CeCe Caldwell’s Endurance over the Virginia Chestnut 
so when distressing with a damp cloth the Virginia Chestnut does not come off. 


 
So next time your painting a piece of furniture and want a darker undertone use 
Virginia Chestnut by CeCe Caldwell's Paints.
Don't forget to seal it with Endurance. 
I promise you'll love the out come. 
~~~~~~
Hugs, Melissa

No comments: