She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Sunday, June 19, 2011

What Can $3 Buy You

My sons yard sale find.

His dad gave him $3 to hit some yard sale, if you know my husband then you'll get why he only gave Tanner $3, he don't want him to bring home a bunch of junk.

When Tanner seen this he said "MOM come over here, I got to have this above my bed". I reminded him he only had $3, he ask the lady how much, she said $3. His eyes got big and without even asking me Tanner said I'll take it.

We painted the large shelf black.


I had some bright lime green paint leftover from a project I did last year or was the two years ago, who knows. I painted his wall behind his bed this bright lime green, at Tanners request of course. His room needed some color with the walls a tan and his furniture black, there was nothing to make this shelf pop out.
( Tanner and his friend, playing PS3)






We had a bit of a delemma hanging it, if it was to high he would hit his head on it evey time he got up, so we hung it low as to use the shelf as a headboard.
Tanner loves it, now evey time a friend comes over, he says want to see my room.

( I'm linking up to www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com for Metamorphosis Monday).
God Bless,
Melissa


11 comments:

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Melissa, what a find! Tanner did good! This makes the perfect headboard/shelf combine. Love it!

My Casa Bella said...

Tanner is creative like his mommy!
Hugs

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I think this came out great and looks good against the green wall. As for the blogger problems, everyone has been having them and it has been a real bummer.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Thanks for visiting. I'd say Tanner has a good eye and sense of design and the black really looks good against the green.

A Cottage Muse said...

That was a great find!
LOVE the lime green with the orange pops!

Melody said...

Very cool! He's got good taste, hasn't he?

Chandeen @ Designed by Chance said...

That is pretty cool i must say. How nice that your little boy is so interested in decorating. Love that creativity.

Passionate for White said...

Great find....good for Tanner!

Lizabeth said...

Wow, for only $3.00! What a bargain! Looks like he got himself a great storage and display unit! I can imagine lots of items going up on it!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love it as a headboard, the black pops against that green wall.

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

I LOVE it!! Tanner has a good "eye" and that is something he won't outgrow!!!