She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Saturday, June 18, 2011

Got To Start Somewhere

I think I remember how to blog, so here it goes I'm going to wing it. It has been 2 month since I did a blog post, wow how did 2 months get away from me. I'm getting back on track, I have alot to share with you, who ever you may be, my fellow long lost blogging friends that I have missed so very much!

For starters:

The picture below is me, but lets look past that and check out the kitchen cabinets, a nice cherry wood one might think, but I think not....

scroll on down...


my hubby, once again looking at the cabinets...
scroll on down...



Hey, is this the same kitchen..
yes it is..
I painted the old dark cherry wood and gave my kitchen a fresh look...


changed out the hardware,

but holy hospital, it was all too white

So in with the black granite to help warm things up.


some subway tile in a natural stone finish for the backsplash.






still have to change out the red curtains, I think I'm going to have to make my curtains or should I say someone is going to make my curtains. I'm thinking a lime green, and I'm open for any color input.






To top it off in the hopefully near furture, we will be putting in hardwood floors.

Well that one project that has kept me away from blogging, and there is more..

I'm back, it felt good taking time out to blog, now to work on my sad looking blog, oh yea I need to add all you to my sidebar,

I started working on that before I took my break and didn't finish it ( story of my life).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need help from some fellow bloggers, on my sidebar where my followers go they are missing and I don't know how to get them back, can someone please help me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance..

~

God Bless

Melissa

~~~

ok I'm back again, after posting this blog I had to go back and fix things about 4 times, my lines are so far apart, I have lost pictures that I posted and they didn't show up. Really... is anyone else having the samethings happen to them and if so what to do about it.

HELP!



8 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow, what a big change up! Love the backsplash tiles you chose!

PS...I can see your followers. 145 strong! Blogger has been having 'issues' lately. Everything should go back to normal in time.

My Casa Bella said...

Beautifully done, Melissa, you are so good with paing, it's like your "magic wand" the Fairy Paint Princess....hmmm, curtain options, I know you like color, and I like the lime green idea, even a Toile would look nice, red and white, or green and white with a matching gingham trim...I'm liking that!
HUGS
Arlene

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Awesome kitchen makeover! Love the subway tiles...
Can't help you with the follow thing...there were many issues with blogger lately!
deb

Passionate for White said...

No wonder you've been MIA...you've been busy and it all looks great!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Great job. Looks wonderful. I am a new follower.

Donna said...

Wow! What a transformation! Your kitchen looks so fresh and bright, I just love it! I have always loved the look of black granite against white cabinets (so I now have counter top envy, ha, ha!!). And the accessories such as the scale and fan are perfect!

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

It looks AWESOME!!! I'd go with the lime green personally (our old house had white cabinets, blsack hardware, butcher block counters and aplle green walls with black gingham curtains--I LOVED it)

I know what you mean by getting so busy the blog kinda falls to the wayside!

Shabby Soul said...

I love the new cabinet color! I would have been scared to go with black counter tops but it looks phenomenal and subway tiles are my favorite!