She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Thursday, March 3, 2011

But I'm Not Shabby Chic




I hear this alot..
I like the white, but my home is just not shabby chic, it's more country...
My answer:
Your home don't have to be shabby chic to have a piece of white furniture,
point taken in photo above.
I took a hutch painted it white and distressed it, it looks very much like a shabby chic piece, then I took out the glass added chicken wire and some early American home furnishings like a coffee grinder, old kitchen scales, flour swifter.

Now thats very country or cottage....
Some times all you have to do is change up your small furnishings to change your style.

Ok ladys you may know what I'm talking about if I put it this way.
you can wear jeans with a sweatshirt and sneakers or
you can dress up the same pair of jeans
with heals a nice white shirt and a fab jacket top it off with
some bling and your ready for a night out.

The same goes for your home, just think of your furniture as your jeans.

~
God Bless
Melissa




2 comments:

craftymarta said...

Well said. I got a lot of shabby pieces, but I have kept the better antiques in the original wood color. I mixed everything up and I think it looks good. The same goes for small decorative pieces.The china cabinet looks wonderful, you get it. Blessings, Marta.

On Crooked Creek said...

Melissa,
I adore your creativity with your hutch! And, YES!, I agree it's alright to mix things up a bit! Otherwise. . .home decor can take on a stuffy, sometimes uninviting apperance! Thanks for your sweet comment and visit! Stop by again, soon!
Fondly,
Pat