She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ribbon Lamp Shade

Hey don't throw out those old shades!!

They can look like this....

I really like the base of this lamp, it lights up too.
(In the first pic you can see it better).

Here is how to make your own,

find and old shade, make sure your shade has good bones, you need ones that have wire attached to the top and bottom of the shade, that way when you take off the shade your left with a solid frame.



then just tie your ribbon on.
.
when buying ribbon, you will need ALOT of it, so check the price of it first depending on how much you want your shade to cost you.

The white ribbon shade above took 72 to 78 yards of ribbon,

the shade in this tutorial took 96 yards of ribbon.


I'm joining Susan for Metamorphosis Monday

Have Fun!
Melissa



6 comments:

raggygirlvintage said...

Wow, you are a patient gal! You ended up with a lovely unique shade, great job!
Tracey

Judi said...

How clever! I love the lamp that lights up on the bottom, add just the right cozy factor :) Judi

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

OMG, that is SO cute! And so creative!

Thanks so much for coming by my blog. I'm your newest follower and look forward to your posts.

Have a great day.
Pam

On Crooked Creek said...

Melissa,
I've been considering making one of these. . .but had no idea how much ribbon I might need! Thanks for the information. That blue shade is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping in for a visit and your sweet comment. Stop by again, soon!
Fondly,
Pat

Lindy said...

I love, love, love your lamp shades!!!!

Sheer Serendipity said...

I absolutely love those lamp shades! What a beautiful job!