She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pin On The Pink









This is to ALL women Pin on the Pink and go get check, remind a another to do the same,
it's just not your life that this will affect.
~
I like to think I'm a breast cancer survivor.
No, I have never had breast cancer myself.
So now your wondering what I'm talking about.
.
Read on and you will see....
.
You see when I was 6 years old I remember my mom having a talk with me about her being sick and how some day soon she will be going to go live with Jesus.
As a child to me that just meant we was all going to move to heaven,
until the day she had the real talk, you know the one where she used the word dying,
she talked to me about everything I was to do and not to do in my life.
Then she went to the hospital for days, it seemed like weeks or months went by, but it was just days, the longest days of my life, so I thought at the time.
You see I was a mama's girl, I never left her side.
The day I was to go to kindergarten
I wouldn't get on the bus, my mom had to take me to school,
she walked me to my class, as I held on to her leg as she drug me to my seat.
I cried all day..
My sisters and I went to stay with an aunt during those days. Then it happened, a knock at the door of my aunts house one night real late, I remember my aunt coming in to our room to wake us, she said your dad is here and he needs to talk to you.
I was so happy to see him, I thought we was all going home, but I didn't see mommy with him.
I ask were is mommy,
he said "with Jesus".
~
I know some of you may be in tears right now, just like I am.
But if my story will save just one woman then I am so glad I told it.
You see my mom din't get checked until it was to late.
On your to do list for today please call your doctor for an appointment.
.
Please don't send sympathy letters, that is not why I told my story.
I know I will see her again someday and that gives me HOPE!
Just let me know that you had your exam.
~
Stop in The Vintage Attic's booth at Valley Antiques to pink up your free pink ribbon.

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Yes I have tears in my eyes! Yes you are a survivor and YES I just got my check up and mammogram in August!! Thank you and Bless you for sharing your story!

A Cottage Muse said...

Yes I get yearly mammograms. I lost my mother to breast cancer too. I taught my daughter and son at a young age to do self breast exams. My son found a lump this past spring and, thankfully he is just fine. Thank you for sharing this story and I love the photos!!

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

Missy--this brought me to tears. My mom was just diagnosed with a rare agressive form of breast cancer (Stage 3-C) It's got me completely gob-smacked and I'm an adult. I can only imagine what a little gir; like you must've felt. thanks for sharing your heart.