She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lovin Me Some Whites

How Fabulous is this vintage piece painted white,


Oh my wait until you see this wood cabinet all dressed in white,

Ta Da!
Here she is....



I'm having a very hard time letting this at the shop, I really really really want to take it back home.
This is a very hard job being in this business, my first instinct is to keep it, but my job is to sale it.
Unless it don't sale....then I can bring it home..
Now the question is how long do I have to wait, how long is that time between taking it to the shop and it not selling.
One week, one month, two months, three months, can I bring it home before Christmas....
Oh wow it just hit me if I love it so much someone else will too, it might sale, then what.
Oh no now I'm having an anxiety attack.
Ok I have to go now to find me some chocolate to eat, that usually helps.
I've linked up with Kathleen @ Faded Charm
for her 63rd White Wednesday,
stop over to see more whites!
Be Blessed,
Melissa

16 comments:

Lisa's Creative Home said...

If you love it that much I would keeo it. If you end up selling it you may regret it and its not like you can go get another one at IKEA!
I've had seller's remorse before and now try to avoid it:)

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Take it home...there is nothing worse that seller's remorse. You can always sell it later, when you are "over" it!!!! LOL!

Tete said...

I'ld give it 24 hours in the shoppe and if it didn't sell- I'll load it back up and bring in home- calling it fate.
At least you did TRY to sell it!
Tete

afistfullofweeds* said...

Ladybug...you better get back there and get that cabinet and take it home!! You know you want too!! LOL

Sue said...

I vote to take it home! You did an awesome job on it. That is one of the perks of having a store. I'm always taking my stuff from home to my store, or from the store to home. I love being able to do that. Have a happy "WW"!

Take care, Sue

Barbara Jean said...

Everything is oh so much better white!
Gorgeous post.

blessings
barbara jean

Cabin and Cottage said...

Eat your chocolate and then bring that cabinet home!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The cabinet is wonderful! I do the same thing all the time. I buy something for my shop and end up keeping it for a while. When something comes along that I like better the first piece goes to the shop.

Rebecca said...

Go and get it right away-I think we've all made that mistake. You can always take it back again to sell if you really decide you don't want it!

Atticmag said...

Keep it! Do your job with another piece. LOL.

We'll announce the winner of our giveaway tomorrow night and have a new giveaway linky party for Friday. Hope you'll stop by and take a look. Jane F.

Virginia said...

Everything is so much pretty white!
Beautiful post.
Blessings,
Virginia

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

I SO agree. I always just close my eyes and let it go. And it always sells. But I always have the photos and for some bizarre reason - it does make me feel better about selling it.

Heaven's Walk - said...

Hi Melissa! Oh, wow. I don't know how you do it. I'd be in the same bind as you are with wanting to keep everything at home to enjoy. lol! That cabinet redo is absolutely beautiful! Your distressing job on it is just perfection, girl! Wish I lived closer so I could visit your great shop! :) Happy WW!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

A Cottage Muse said...

Keep it!! It is beautiful and there is nothing worse than seller's remorse ~ unless you have buyer's regret! Looove your blog!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Lovely whites! The cupboard is perfect and looks fabulous in white! I would keep it!
Michelle

Debbie P. said...

I would definitely price it high enough to help make-up for any remorse you have for selling it. Or bring it home; like others said, you can always try to sell it later. Get your enjoyment out of it!