She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Guess & Win!!

On my last blog I ask for help, I needed some input on what color to paint the room I'm moving into the first of June. The thing was, I couldn,t paint the trim or take up the carpet, well I was able to paint the trim. So the trim is painted antique white.
Here is the trim color below.


I got alot of good idea's, so thank you to all who commented. As you know I did it my way in the end.
I thought I would have some fun with this, if you guess what color I painted the room I will send the first person that guesses the color a gift ( not sure what yet).
You have to be a bit specific, like by saying lite, or med., or dark, or with a hint of or a dab of or shaded with.... do ya get what I'm saying?
Let me a comment describing what you think is the new color on my walls. I will give you a hint, it's not white.
I will pick a winner that has described the color the best on Friday Morning May 21st
~
I have to ask that if you was in the shop today please don't participate in this giveaway.
Have fun,
Melissa


6 comments:

My Casa Bella said...

Oh so glad you can paint the trim!!
Now, color, well I'd think you'd go with something that wouldn't clash with that carpet too badly, so I'm sticking with my original idea, a Shabby chic Green, fresh and lovely to compliment all the white in there. Boy, that would make your room the prettiest and draw the people in, I'd think....lol
Hugs

Christina said...

I am guessing a dark cream color on bottom and a light cream on top?

afistfullofweeds* said...

How bout light aqua on the top and darker aqua on the bottom?? That would be FAB!!

Tanya said...

straw coloured?

My Casa Bella said...

Ok, Ok, me again, I just got my Better Homes & Gardens Mag in the mail and you won't believe it! They have a page on paint, "Is it green or is it blue?" the colors are gorgeous and I can picture either "Mermaid" by Benjamin Moore, they say it looks great with white and touches of apricot which you have in your carpet!
OR
"Lamb's Ear" by Valspar, a restful color.
These colors I think would compliment that rug and your beautiful white furniture.
Hugs
Arlene

The Lone Dollier said...

A lighter shade of green pulled from the carpet colors with maybe a wash of darker green over it for some depth.

Smiles~
Marilyn