She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Friday, April 23, 2010

One Mans Junk Is My Treasure


You should of seen my husbands face when I bought this bicycle tire rim home, the first thing he ask was, "what are you going to do with that"? Glad you asked honey, I'm going to hang it on our front door! He said " I don't think so"!
You would think after all the years of me bringing good junk home he would know by now not to even ask, but nnnooooo not my hubby.
Well the only reason it's not on my front door is because, I didn't want it there, I was just messing with him, however it's just to large for my front door need a smaller one for that. I think however it would look fabulous on a front door as a wreath. The next one I find is going in my sons room as a message board for his wall.
I hung it in the shop today and I caught a guy looking at it and a couple of ladys saying things like what a great idea, I like it, but lets see how much they like it, I'll let you know when it sells.
~
I'm linking up to
Metamorphosis Monday @
you can also find this fabulous blog on my sidebar.
God Bless,
Melissa

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, you tell that hubby of yours that I think it's a fabulous idea to hang it on your front door as a wreath! Great idea! Sorry I ever doubted you!

Kari said...

I love the idea of a bike rim. Anthropoligie used them with cut out flowers from water bottles for Earth Day and it looked fantastic! I like your idea better though! It would make a great collage base for vintage pictures and cards!!

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

what a great idea!!
I laughed at your husbands reaction...lol Lauren does the same thing. You THINK they would have learned by now. i guess it's their logical man mind....LOLOLOL

Patti said...

I recently saw one of these outside a craft store hanging horizontally with ribbons and streamers hanging from it...it was so festive...and Anthropologie has them on display with plastic flowers (from soda bottles)attached...the ideas are endless, and I like the wreath idea!

Lori E said...

Men just have no idea of how creative we can be. I tell mine to just smile and nod his head and things will be fine.

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

Great use of a tire - I have a piece of wall art similar in shape to this that hang pictures, cards, hearts - anything special.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Why not?! I think it's a fab idea and can't wait to see your final outcome!

Jeanine

Kelly McDermott-Bay said...

Love your website.
Kelly bookend diaries

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

I love that rim! I like the vintage photos clipped to it like in the store, too. soooo many possibilities! I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same! until later...

Allison Shops said...

I think it's fabulous! I think DH is going to be outvoted! Dropping by from BNOTP, #7.

Allison