She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Thursday, April 1, 2010

From Drab To Fab

I picked these items up at a local thrift store last weekend. A bit draby but not for long.
I want to blog about them but the weather would not cooperate, it has been damp and rainy most of the week,, then yesterday the sun came out and it's going to stay out for days, I'll get alot of painting projects done this weekend.

started with red spray paint, but it needed more..

oh yea some polka dots is just what it needed...

it's a bit bright so I toned it down with some raw umber paint and sprayed it with a clear coat of sealer. Love it...


The fileing boxes got a make over also..


Just Fabulous!!!




lots of new stools, wood boxes, plant stands, a mantel shelf, we are stocked and ready for the weekend at my booth space at Valley Antiques & Untques, you can check out there blog at: http://www.valleyantiquesanduniques.blogspot.com/ .
~
I'm going to be doing a 100 follower giveaway, I'm at 86 followers now and when I reach 100 I'll be doing another giveaway.
~
Enjoy The Sun Shine,
Melissa

8 comments:

Linda said...

Wow what a difference paint makes! What kind of paint did you use on the suitcase and file cabinets? Then a sealer? I'm clueless when it comes to crafts.

The Vintage Attic said...

Linda I use a plastic spray paint for the suitecase and a metal spray paint for the file boxes. You can get a clear coat spray any where you buy spray paint.

Melissa

Andrea said...

Love them! And I want that blue polka dot one! Beautiful!

right brain blog said...

Very clever, love the transformations! Frumpy to Fab. . .
I will look at things differently now, imagining how a little spray paint can make such a big change!

Doni said...

How cool! Those are great! And your definitely turned trash into treasure with those paint jobs! Great booth space too....I know I'd love to shop there!!!
Doni

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

Love them!!! I've got a couple in the basement that i'm now eyeing up for a redo!!!

becolorful said...

Visiting by way of Finding Fabulous. I adore the polka dot suitcase. Where did you find the larger sponge brushes for the polka dots?
Pam @ Becolorful

The Vintage Attic said...

Pam I got the large round sponge's at A.C. Moore craft store.

Melissa