She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Friday, March 26, 2010

To Paint Or Not to Paint?

To Paint or Not To Paint?
Items I picked up at an auction this week.
isn't this chair/step stool so cool, do I paint it or not?
I say paint it, what do you think?

I really like the green/white step stool, I won't be painting it.
I will be painting this wood bench, my delemma with it is what color?
Do I need to paint the coat rack? the wood on it has alot of scratches.

wall shelf has just the right amount of chippy old paint, I won't be painting it, or will I be painting this old cabinet below.


But this wall shelf and the bookcase below it will have a fresh coat of white paint on it the next time you see it.



I just can't help my self, I have to paint almost everthing, I just love the look of painted furniture.
When I'm at an auction and the auctioneer says, it cherry wood or it's mahogany, I have to say I could careless the only thing I want to know is how many coats of polly I have to strip off of it to get a good paint job.
~
God Bless,
Melissa

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

I'd say paint it. I have one with an attached ironing board... so it's a chair (the board is the back), a step ladder, and an ironing board. I love it!

Christina said...

WOW you found some great stuff!

House and Garden Boutique said...

Definately paint.....you have some great finds! Don't you just love hunting for treasures like these???
Really like the small ladder.

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

wow-- you hit the jackpot girl!! i say paint it all unless it has a cool chippy paint job already!!

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Melissa, I think you should paint the chair too. Can't wait to see what you do with it and the pantry thingy.