She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Saturday, March 13, 2010

My BFF

When my husband and I got home today from our trip to a flower and garden show this box was on my front door step.
I love packages, so I ran over to see what it was, oh yea it had my name on it.. I just didn't rip it open I had to find out who sent it first, you can never be to safe, there was no return address, so I put on my glasses to see the address on the postal mark, it said Macon GA, wooo hooo I couldn't open it fast enough.
You see my BFF lives in Macon GA, we live 13 hours away from each other and I miss her so stinkin much.
In side the book.....


this book has everthing to do with fireplaces and what you can do fireside...
My favorite place to be in the winter is by my fireplace.

Poems...

The graphics in this book are so awesome...

How to make my own hooked rug, never made one but, I think I might give it a try...


even recipes, this looks yummy....
I guess I'll have to make them and send her some.

old ads about bathing by the fireplace, how sweet...

and then there was this Christmas ornament, ok there is a store I have to tell first, don't worry it's sort....
Years ago we decided to stop getting each other Christmas gifts and just send each other a Christmas ornament that made us think of the other person and our time together over the years..
For the first couple of years it went well, then the packages stopped one year, eaither one of us sent each other an ornament that year.
This year was no different, until today I got a belated Christmas ornament a Hershey's kiss.
I think Kelly's memory is better than mine I just don't know why she thought of me when she seen this.
We need new rules now that I'm getting old and lossing my memory, in the new rules we have to include a story behind the ornament.
Hey maybe it has to do with that time we went to Hershey Park in Hershey PA.
Ok Kelly, I give, your going to have to tell me. Oh just in case, you might want to send it in a private message. LOL, can't be to safe, he he he!!
Thank You so much Kel & I miss you more!!
LYLASAAF!
Oh, could it be for Silver Sunday?
Thanks for sticking around to hear me ramble on and on and on.........
~
God Bless,
Melissa

6 comments:

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Looks like an interesting book and doesn't everyone love to get a package! BTW, Love your header.

Donna Rafferty said...

How lucky you are to have such a sweet friend!

Enjoy your Silver Sunday!

Linda said...

BFF's are the best and I'm sure there is a good story to the Hershey Kiss ornament.

Gypsy Fish said...

Love Hershey park and Hershey kisses! thanks for participating in Silver Sunday...see you next month...
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

vintagesusie said...

What a Wonderful SILVER SUNDAY you have!!! Thanks for sharing friend.
Smiles,
Susie

The French Bear said...

Wonderful book and a great story, that is so neat, I miss my BFF, she moved away too!!! Love the kiss, awesome!
Hugs,
Margaret B