She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Message In A Bottle

I made the message in the bottle from one of the jars I got at the thrift store the other day, I printed out this saying tore the edges and stained them, rolled it up and put it in the bottle, added sand some shells and tied it off with some stained cheese cloth and twine.
I love it, this is the first one I have ever done and it won't be the last.


I love this small oblong plate, it's just pretty, so I needed it to stand up a bit, glass glued it to a candle holder.




It has been so nice outside today, our temp was 63 and sunny, I'm lovin it!!
Now I'm off to an auction to see what I can find...
Have A Blessed Week
Melissa

3 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love the look and feel of your bottle. Very vintage-y and excellent for a first one. Nicely done!

Tamera said...

awesome as always Melissa!!

laura said...

The bottle is gorgeous. I can see why it won't be your last. Great idea.