She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm So Stinkin Excited, This Takes The Cake

I'm so stinkin excited, I can't believe it. I have been looking for some old wood frame picture's & some unique vintage bottles for awhile now and today I found them.
Then this item takes the cake, on top of the items I have been looking for I found a World WarII era wedding topper, can you believe it, have you ever seen one like this. Well I haven't and when I picked it up it didn't have a price on it, so I asked the guy how much, (at this point I would of paid top $, but I can't tell him that, I didn't want it to look like I was so excited) when he told me how much I about fell to the floor, but, I had to keep my cool and said ever so calmly, I'll take it!!!


Couldn't wait to get started on my old frame project, the picture below was an old mirror that has seen it's last days, I had to add some stain to the frame because of all the scratches (I know what some of you that know me are sayin, "I can't believe you didn't paint it white). I cut a piece of cardboard to fit the frame added some scapbook paper, lace and a nest.
Now it's beautiful, to me anyway.


When I come across old junk that most people throw out, I try to find the beauty in it, just like God does with us. Sometimes we feel like that old junk looks, but God see's the beauty in us, after all God don't make junk.
We are fearfully and wonderfully made, by the Creator!
God Bless,
Melissa

6 comments:

Kari said...

In all the years I've been junking, I have never seen such a beautiful example of WW II cake topper, it's beautiful!

abnsigoslady said...

I love everything in your post today. The topper is wonderful. As a military wife, I have a special fondness of anything Army green. Laura@the mansion

Jennifer said...

Are we blessed that God see's the beauty in ALL of us! :) That cake topper is wonderful!! Love what you did with the frame... adorable!
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com

Formerly-Corn in My Coffee Pot said...

I love that wedding topper. You hardly see those anywhere...this is a first for me.

I absolutely love the
bless our nest art you created with your treasures.

Stephanie Lynn said...

Love the glass jugs and your frame project. The cake topper is very cool and special. Great finds!

Jane said...

Hey, great shabby old picture...love it! Thanks for sharing and for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!