She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Friday, February 19, 2010

Coffee & Roses

I just adore these vintage looking white roses.
I was blog surfing alot this week, on one of the blogs I seen these roses. i just couldn't get then out of my mind so I had to make some of my own. For the life of me I can't remember what blog I got them from, I so wish I did so I can tell her thank you and give the credit where credit is do.
all you need is coffee, filters and stem wire

soak your filters in coffee about an hour

lay them flat to dry

fold two filters in half

crinkle the edges of the filters

hold in center of folded edge and roll,

when you get to the end take a piece of wire and wrap around the end piece,

fold down sides of filter untill you get your desired look,

then Ta Da you will have a vase full of vintage looking roses.
~
Don't forget about the giveaway, you still have time to enter. Check my sidebar for info about The Vintage Attic's 100 Post Giveaway.
You will have until Feb. 20 Saturday evening.
~
God Bless
Melissa

18 comments:

Tumbleweed Trails said...

Thanks for sharing how to make the roses. I shall have to give it a try. Looks like fun and the best part is they won't need pruned.

Andrea said...

Hey I really like them! They are beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial. I'd like to try it too.
Can't wait to see who wins the giveaway!

Tamera said...

ok--they are too cool. i wonder if you add a bit of food coloring to the water it'll tint them pink or yelloww? may have to try that out!

House and Garden Boutique said...

What a great idea.......love the roses! It's a good time of the year to be making roses to liven up the indoors! Thanks for sharing......have a great weekend. Lynn

all4rose said...

I think these roses are beautiful. I like the coffee idea very organic. Really pretty.

One Cheap B*tch said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing the DIY!

Dusty Devoe said...

How beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I am going to make some tomorrow!

The Lone Dollier said...

Thank you for the tut! I've been trying and trying to figure out paper roses and this is the best way yet. I always have coffee and filters.

I'm so glad I became a follower.

Smiles~
Marilyn

~Tonja~ said...

Your roses came out great...I remember seeing these online too...I bet you could also add some scent to them too and they would smell good...
Have a Blessed day...
Sweet Blessings...
Tonja

Terry said...

Simply beautiful!

colorchic said...

I seriously love seeing all these creative ideas. Thanks for the tutorial

Teri said...

Ohhh, what a fabulous idea!! :)

Kathy said...

Melissa - I love the roses. I'll have to try (great tutorial). The coffee staining is very cool!

Kathy

Allison Shops said...

Love this idea - going to bookmark! DD1 will love this too. Great tutorial!

Drop by AtticMag this week to see my home on tour,
Allison

Jane said...

Thanks for the great tutorial. I bought some coffee filters that were a natural color for this purpose but I didn't know what I was doing and they didn't look so good. This tutorial helps tremendously!!
Jane

Chaos Cottage said...

Thank you for the tutorial. They are beautiful.

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Wonderful coffee roses! I just love those! Great tutorial! Beautiful and low maintenance, my favorite combo! ha!

Cheers!
Tina

Mona @ la la by mona said...

The roses are so pretty. Note to self.... maaaaake rooooooses. Got it!