She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ask And You Shall Receive




Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer,
believing, ye shall receive.
~
a couple years ago I was planning a lucnhing for some pretty special ladys in my life, the ladys that I look up to, my mentors.
I had the table set with all victorian silver, like each place setting had it's own silver salt with salt spoon, silver pickle caster. Well anyway, that week I planed the lunch was a very busy week and I needed salad tongs and olive forks for the table to be complete.
I just didn't have time to go pick any up.
The lunch was on friday and it was Thursday morning I had to go to an auction today there was some things there that some customers of mine has been wanting. Before I left for the auction as always I said a prayer, I asked God for his favor while I was at the auction (after all I am his favorite;). I also asked if he could see that I get some salad forks, I said "God you know what I need, I'll even take some plastic one's" I said.
Well when I got home from that auction not knowing what was in some of the boxes, I started going through the boxes. I found some silver salad tongs, I was jumping up and down saying thank you, thank you God. I ask for plastic one's but God knew just what I needed, silver one.

Thats not all, I forgot to ask for my olive forks and as I continued to go through the boxes there they were 7 olive forks.

Ok your thinking 7 you only have 6 in the picture, thats right. God knew I would need one for a gift in my furture so he gave me 7 so I would have a complete set of 6 for myself.
~
I'm a firm belleiver that if you ask you shall reveive, God has done this for me so many time's now, I never go anywhere without telling God what I need or want. Now don't get me wrong I don't get what I want everytime, sometimes I truly don't believe and sometimes He just says no.
~
I want to Thank Beth @ Gypsy Fish for hosting Silver Sunady this has been my favorite hook up, all the people that links to Silver Sunday are the kindest group of people.
To check out more silve Sunday guest just click on Silver Sunday on my sidebar.
~
Don't forget to follow The Vintage Attic for my 100 post giveaway!
I only have 2 more post to go. Check out my sidebar for details on the giveaway.
There will be more items added leading up to the 100th post..
~
God Bless All & Happy Silver Sunday
Melissa


12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Those are some pretty olive forks, I will have to keep a lookout for those! Happy SS...

Sylvia

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

I Love your Story ~ God does Provide..... So those are Olive Forks, Never knew~ Congrats on your almost 100th post
Cheryl

junkdreams said...

Pretty silves.
Happy SS!
xojanis

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I always pray before I go shopping for something specific or for a sale. I really believe the Lord answers many of those prayers. I know He has so many times for me.
Great forks!! Happy SS!

Sonia said...

I love your silver pieces! So pretty..the tongs are great and the little forks are so cute!
Happy SS

Miss Bloomers

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Olive forks...I wouldn't have known, and now I feel that I need some of my own!! Congratulations on your 100 post milestone.
Susan

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Great Silver Sunday Pieces! Thanks for sharing.
xoxo
Donna

Kathy said...

Hi Melissa...What a sweet post you have today. I love your silver finds...great forks! I believe in the power of prayer. No prayer is too simple or too large for Him!
Wonderful Silver Sunday post!
xoxo...Kathy

Sherrie said...

That is a great story. When I shop I always believe in fate. When I see something that I want but it is too expensive, I will wait. If it is still there when the sale is on, well then it was meant to be. You did good.

Linda said...

What a great story...#100 is almost here! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Linda

vintagesue said...

what a great story. you need to ask god to send me some really cool auction lot boxes my way...cuz i'm sure i am not his favorite and he will listen to you more than he will me!!!! that is great...salad forks and you got them!
stay warm...i think we have more snow coming our way....ack.
take care
sue

Stacey said...

Melissa, I just love your silver pieces and the fact that you prayed over them. :)

I have a question about your tole trays. Where do you find all of them? Have you bought any from ebay? I'm leery...I've never bought anything that way.