She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Sunday, January 24, 2010

Silver Sunday / Silver by Tiffany

come join the party at www.thegypsyfish.blogspot.com

a cople years ago I bought a large vintage server at an aution, when I was taking the drawers out of it to paint the server I found this box in a bottom hidden drawer.
It said "Tiffany & Co. Fith Avenue & 57th Street New York
Sterling Silver Cocktail Swords by Tiffany"
When I opened the box I thought it would be empty, but it wasn't. The box had in it just what it said it did.


Happing Hunting.
~
God Bless,
Melissa



17 comments:

Jane said...

What a great find! Stuff like that never happens to me.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Tiffany and Co? You must've been thrilled! This is a beautiful set. Thanks for sharing the story behind them too.
Have a wonderful Silver Sunday!
Blessings,
Marcia

Wizard of Was said...

You'r eliving right, girl...what a great find..and Tiffany no less!
Have a great Sunday
Gale

Gypsy Brocante said...

What a discovery ... I dream of situations like that ... really!

Happy SS!

xo
Jill

julie said...

Really great things and the story behind them...julie

junkdreams said...

Om my gosh....what a find...how excited you must have been!!
Happy SS!
xojanis

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

What an unexpected and exciting find! That's wonderful!
Have a great Silver Sunday!
Hugs,
Julia

Sherrie said...

How fun was that!!! I love a good treasure story.

Charlene said...

I LOVE your Banner! Hope you are having a wonderful Silver Sunday! Charlene

Mimi said...

What a wonderful surprise find!

Gypsy Fish said...

That's the very best of found treasure...totally unexpected. The swords are amazing....Thanks for coming....see you next Sunday!
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

Carole~Maynard Greenhouse said...

It was meant for you to find it! Like your blog and your craft ideas.
xo,
Carole

ceekay said...

Oh, I would have been doing a happy dance...not only for the find...but aren't they cute??? Great post! Happy SS!

Counting Your Blessings said...

How unique! And a great find. Blessings... POlly

Sharlotte said...

Melissa,
Wow, what a neat find! I'll bet you were surprised to find these little swords! Thanks so much for sharing!
Sharlotte

EnchantedBella said...

What a great surprise to find such hidden treasures. They are wonderful. Happy SS

Rebecca

Kathy said...

A great find! Sorry my Sunday Silver visit is so late but I do love your silver post!
xoxo...Kathy