She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Saturday, January 16, 2010

My First Collage Art

I got this vintage doll box display at an auction this week. I really had no intention of buying it until it was only at 5$ then I had to bid, so my bid was $7.50 and I got it, I thought "I know I can do something fun with it". I just didn't know what..

Oh mod podge, my friend mod podge I love you.

I started with mod podging old song book paper and paper from an old french book.

I sketched a drawing on paper of what I wanted to add to the back drop of this case.
so here is my idea of a tree and a flower.

I was so excited how it was turning out, I coludn't wait until the mod podge dried to take a picture.
ok now we're getting somewhere, I have tree braches some leaves and flowers.


at this point I was so excited how it was coming together I almost peed my pants. I can't believe I did this, I put Isabella together ( yes I gave her a name) I had her head and that was it, I made everything else out of paper some lace around her waist and some flowers that fell from the tree.

I gave her a chandelier, from a stamp, a butterfly, a bird and some pets, she loves animals.





This song book page is what gave me the idea to take the art the way I did, so the title of this is called "In The Garden".









The display is just perfect the way it is, I wouldn't have to add anything to the display box, but I did.

I added a few of my favorite things.

I gave her a girlfriend to hangout with in the Garden



an eiffel tower to remind her of her home ( oh yea she is from Paris).

every garden needs a nest & more greenery



the original vintage tassel is still attached.


Ok when I bought this diplay I knew I was going to sell it, it was going into the booth that I will have the first of March. Now that I did this work of art in it, I don't think I can sell it, and if i did how much do you charge for something that is priceless to you?
~
Today I stopped by a really cute blog I must tell you about The Charm House. This lady is one of the nicest bloggers I have talked to, well we didn't really talk you know what I mean. She did a blog about ATC art, I didn't know what ATC meant, so I asked. She (Yvette) did a blog just for me or I felt like it was just for me, since I was the only one who ask what ATC meant. On one of her ATC cards she had this saying that inspired me to start creating beyond what I'm comfortable with, I know I can, I just never test my limits like I should, but this saying inspired me to do my first collage art.
" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". E. bombeck
~
So if you are reading my blog please for me, stop by to see Yvette's ATC cards and let her a comment to say I (Melissa from The Vintage Attic) sent you, PLEASE!!
~
Thank You Yvette!
~
God bless, Melissa

20 comments:

Andrea said...

Love it! You did an awesome job! I would never have thought of doing what you did. Congrats on your newest creative venture! And I'm on my way to The Charm House to check it out! Keep creating!

Jane said...

I really enjoyed watching the progress of your collage piece. It turned out beautiful! I would have never thought of doing something like that....very creative!
I will go visit Yvette and I'll tell her you sent me.
Jane

Christina said...

OK this is amazing! You total have inspired me, I have a very similar display case and have been trying to figure out how to use it until now.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Such a wonderful project. Kim

The Charm House said...

Melissa! This is so wonderful! I love the whole concept of this piece! I am a complete junker and I love to take pieces as you did and work with them.
Price on it.... That's something that you have to find in your heart! Some pieces I have never been able to put a piece on and some pieces I wonder why in the world someone wanted it! You never know how one piece is going to connect with someone!
So proud of this piece for you!
Hugs,
yvette

Tammy at Tattered and Timeless said...

That is so cool how that display case evolved. You did an awesome job. And I love that quote also..
I hope I have used it all up when I meet my maker.

tammy

Mod Podge Amy said...

SO pretty! I love the layers.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty! You did a great job.

Patti said...

I enjoyed seeing this step by step! You did a fabulous job collaging...great job!

One Cheap B*tch said...

This is so pretty. What a fabulous idea!

jillybee123 said...

Now this was a beautiful transformation. What a creative idea. One, I would have never thought of. Certainly one of a kind.

Blessings,
Jilly
visiting from BNOTP

Kammy said...

Very cool idea...I have the same problem with my art..I can't sell it cuz I like it too much, LOL !
Kammy

tarnishedandtattered.blogsot.com said...

What a wonderful assemblage you made. It just kept getting better & better. That case you started with is totally awesome, what a fun piece to create with. I will check out the ATC blog.


Lisa

DesignTies said...

You've created a wonderful piece of art -- you can't sell it!! As you said, it really is priceless. And so creative. Great job :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Lana K. W. Austin said...

This is truly creative and such fun...you did a great job creating her "backstory," and your affection for her is contagious!
Hugs, Lana

Suzanne said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to part with it! It's gorgeous! Where do you get those old pieces of paper? I would love to make one too.
Blessings,
Suzanne :)

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

How fun!! I love it!

Just a dreamer said...

At least $125.00 bucks It's fab. Jackie

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Amazing vision! I love your new creation and it is very inspiring. I will go visit the blog that you suggested right now.
Susan

Crystal said...

Oh it turned out lovely. Yes, how much do you sell something that is worth more than money to you? I guess the answer is we don't :) This was a great idea, thanks for sharing your creativity.

Have a blessed day!