She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Promise To Never Break Your Heart




This is a silver napkin holder to eveyone, but to my husband Jim and I, it's a promise that I will never break his heart.
~
A couple years ago well about 11 years ago, Jim and I seen in the local papers that there was going to be a very nice auction on Saturday. Jim worked that Saturday so we went to the preview on Friday night. there was so much nice things there I just couldn't pick one so I made a list of things I would want, Jim had his eye on this victorian napkin holder. This is how we would narrow things down that we wanted, we would ask the each other if you didn't have this would it break your heart.
So of course we both had a long list so we had to do the narrow down process, Jim ended up with just one thing on his list and that was this napkin holder.
The next day my son and I went to the auction while Jim was at work ( my son at the time was about 8 months old). I pack up toys, bottles, pampers and all you need for a baby for a day at an auction.
I sat at that auction for 6 hours before that napkin holder went up for sale, ugh!
I got it after 6 hours at an aution with an 8 month old baby, I was not going to leave without that napkin holder after the day I had., even if it cost me $180.00 shhh don't tell.
So I decided not to tell Jim that I got it, I was going to hold it for an anniversary gift. Our anniversary was just a month away.
When I gave it to him there was a note with it, not sure what it said exactly, but something like, you said without this victorian napkin holder
your heart would be broken,
so with this victorian napkin holder
I promise to never break your Heart!
~

Click on Silver Sunday on sidebar to see more Silver Sunday blog posts.

~

Also don't forget to follow this blog I have a 100 post giveaway coming soon, you don't want to miss this one.
~

Happy Silver Hunting,
Melissa

24 comments:

Jane said...

What a beautiful story!! The napkin holder is absolutely gorgeous but I love how you sat at that auction for 6 hrs. with an 8 month old to make sure your husband had that treasure. Great memory.
Jane

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Oh, I love the napkin holder, but I love the story more! What a wonderful memory....happy SS!

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness!!! i love it! the napkin holder and the story behind it! it's beautiful!!!!

Diann said...

The napkin ring is just beautiful but, the story is even more beautiful!

Gracie Jewellery said...

And now you have a family heirloom. Great story. The things we do for love. Thanks for sharing.
Nancy

Maureen said...

Awwww.....what a loving wife!

Linda said...

Ahhh that is a sweet story and I love the napkin holder. It really is beautiful.

Sonia said...

I love that story and what a beautiful napkin holder you have..but the story is priceless!

Miss Bloomers

Wizard of Was said...

What anabsolutely beautiful story! This is just an amazing piece of art! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Gale

Sylvia said...

What a great and romantic story and the napkin holder is to die for!!!

Sylvia

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

I have never seen such a gorgeous napkin holder before! It's a truely amazing piece. What a wonderful anniversary gift for you hubby and a story to always remember!
Have a great Silver Sunday!
Hugs,
Julia

Lisa said...

What a great story! The napkin holder is amazing. Your husband has good taste. Kudos to you for sticking it out with your baby to get it for him! Now that's love!

Martha said...

What a sweet story. And what a treasure of a silver piece.

junkdreams said...

What an adorable story and napkin holder!
Happy SS!
xojanis

Gypsy Fish said...

What a wonderful story! I could never keep a secret like that for a month I get so excited when I win something at auction...I get ants in my pants....Thanks for being part of Silver Sunday....see you next week~
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

Blue Creek Home said...

That is a lovely story. And what a pretty napkin ring!

I am glad I came over...followin' you now!
Rhonda

Sherrie said...

If you have seen my blog, I am all about the stories. I own some beautiful objects, but it is the ones that have a story from the heart that are the most valuable. Thank you so much for sharing, it was a beautiful story.

Theresa @ 612Riverside said...

That is such a beautiful story, Jim is a lucky man. What a great post to add to S.S. Thanks for sharing ~ Theresa

Kathy said...

The napkin ring you bought for your anniversary gift to your husband is gorgous, but the story behind it is charming and sweet and so special. I loved your Silver Sunday post!
xoxo...Kathy

Mimi said...

What a wonderful story! That is one of the nice napkin holders I have seen. Thank you for sharing the story and the napkin holder.

The Lazy Peacock said...

that napkin ring is stunning, and the story is amazing as well!

alice said...

What a wonderful story! The napkin holder is beautiful BUT the stroy that goes with it is priceless. I will be following you!
smiles, alice

House and Garden Boutique said...

Very touching story! So enjoyed reading every word of it. A lot of warm fuzzies in your posting! Thanks for sharing with us.

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Awww...that's so sweet! I don't go to as many auctions as I used to especially when they are outdoors and it's in the middle of the summer. It just always takes too long for the items I want to come up on the auction block but I have always been thrilled with my won auction items.