She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Sunday, January 10, 2010

Freshly Made & Some News

There is nothing like tarnished silver creamer & sugars, there is so many uses for them. Mine are going to be pin cushions. most the time I make pin cushions I use batting, add a button in center and glue them in, I like how these look with foam balls.


Now for the lamp shade, I like this vintage plastic shade, actully it is in ok condition, but I'm not happy letting it that way this time, I need a project. I ripped off the old shade and..
added ribbon some lace and sewed on some buttons. Ilove it now.

I got some news...after our store closed in August I was left heart broken not knowing what I would do from here, I took some time off from the business but couldn't stay away from it to long, it's just who I am.
One day this week my husband and I was out and about looking in antique shops just hanging out together, when this sadness came over me, I miss it, I really miss it, I told my husband.
`
There was this one shop that we stopped in and as soon as I walked in the door I felt right at home. The lady working the shop was so friendly, the shop it's self was beauitul.
I did it, I couldn't leave that place with out a space, I got a space, I'm back....well it's not my shop but it will do just fine.
I start setting up my space the last week of Febuary. I went to a couple of auctios this week to start getting stocked up. Wow I feel alive again.
~
God Bless,
Melissa

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so excited for you! I just knew you couldn't stay away from the "junk" business! You'll do great! Congratulations!

Andrea said...

LOVE the lampshade! Oh how I wish I had somewhere to use it!

Martha said...

How clever! And you can find them for pennies at thrift shops!

Treasia Stepp said...

I love that lampshade. It's beautiful. Congrats on opening a booth. I used to own a flea market and sometimes I miss it so very bad.

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love the fabric balls. I have to show my mom b/c she'd go crazy for them too! Nicely done!

vintagesue said...

i am so jealous you have a space!!!!!! isn't it fun? good luck. i am sure you will do great.
your projects are adorable. i love tarnished silver too.
are you close to me? can i come shop your booth???
take care
sue

The Charm House said...

Melissa, Your projects are so cute! I use styrofoam balls on mine also! It seems to hold your pins, etc. better!
I hope you will try the ATC's, you will really enjoy them!
Hugs,
Yvette