She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Saturday, January 23, 2010

Enchanted Space

I was inspired by a hat.
Warning......Lots of photos ahead.....

I found this new painting tool, it works GREAT to trim out a room. no more paint on the trim and ceiling.

out with the blue in this room and in with the pink, the color I choose to use is called Plaster of Paris.



Woooo so glad the painting is done. I don't mind painting, it's just that I'm very picky on the out come of the job, so it takes me a long time to paint. Patients is something you need to get a good paint job and it's also something I don't have alot of, so for that it makes painting a long job for me.

an antique dresser that I picked up at an auction, for not as much as you are thinking.


I love this vintage doll

Picture frames painted the same white as the furniture and hung above the bed, because I don't have a headboard, now I don't need one.




My yard long rose picture. I love it. found it in this antique frame, the guy that I bought it from said his wife had it for along time hanging in their home.

vintage wicker baby hamper, so sweet in pink.

when I found this antique foot stool it was in real need of a redo. I took off the antique fabric and found hourse hair for the stuffings, had to replace that.















This room has been many different rooms for our family over the years and now it's found it's last redo for a long long time to come.
~
God Bless,
Melissa

13 comments:

House and Garden Boutique said...

SO love the vintage shabby chic dreseer......what a find! All of the shabby chic was fabulous. Especially liked the frames you hung on the wall around the other pictures. Stop by and say "hi" when you have a chance. http://houseandgardenboutique.blogspot.com/
Happy Weekend!
Lynn

Andrea said...

FABULOUS!!!

Corn in My Coffee Pot said...

what a precious room! I love the light fixture... with the little flowers. It all looks so nice with a fresh coat of paint.

Stephanie Lynn said...

I love the color you picked - It creates the perfect canvas for all the gorgeous goodies you have in the room.

Nancy said...

Wonderful! I love all the white.

Treasia Stepp said...

I adore this room. Everything about the shabby chic is perfect. That foot long rose picture is gorgeous along with everything else.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh My Gosh Melissa... All of this was inspired by the one little hat. Sometimes it is scary where one little thing can take us in our creativity.

I love your room. That yard long picture of the roses is so devine. I can't imagine anyone ever parting with it. How beautiful it looks with your dresser. It is just fabulous together.

You know looking at the little doll on your bed, I do remember dolls like that, seeing them as a child. They were really quite popular. How precious it looks on this fabulous quilt of yours. I so love it.

What a complete package you have made in this room. Together it spells LOVELY, and I think it is a room that anyone would love sleeping in. So very lovely.

Thank you for sharing this evening with me. I found your link at Between Naps on the Porch and I am so tickled that I did. I love your blog. I have signed up to follow. I can't wait to see what you share next. Please pop over and say hi. I would be so honored if you chose to follow my blog as well.

Country hugs from Country Wings in Phoenix, Sherry

Sandi (Meme) said...

You did a great job on this room! Doesn't it feel good? Do you find yourself just walking in there to look around?! I would! Have a wonderful week, and please feel free to stop and visit me sometime too!

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

Love all the different elements that make up this room. You did a wonderful job! I especially like the furniture you chose and the frames above the bed. :-)

Sherry said...

This was a great inspiration!! It is absolutely gorgeous. You like a lot of the same stuff I have always liked children's vintage stuff, all things soft and feminine. How beautiful!

Kim said...

I just adore this room. It's hard to pick a favorite thing, but I'm really loving the arrangement on the wall.

Merrie said...

Well, you don't have to twist my arm or ask me twice...I added you to my favorites right away. I love the look of your blog!

Stacey said...

Wow your room turned out so pretty. The picture frames above the bed make the perfect alternative to a headboard. The chandelier is the crowning touch. Looks like a beautiful bed and breakfast.