Saturday, May 30, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
My husband and I do all the painting of the
shabby chic furniture at The Vintage Attic.
The store is stocked and my dh has taken another load of furniture up today.
I’ll be in the work shop today painting while he works the store.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
I was in ah at the beauty of these Monuments & Memorials in our Great Nations Capital.
Out of all the magnificent sights we seen in Washington D C this was by far the worst one. The Reflecting Pool looked nothing like it did in the movie Forrest Gump, you know when Jenny ran through the water to get to Forrest. Now its just a pond. I hope I just cought it at a bad time, I hope it will be cleaned and brought back to its glory.
Happy Memorial Day to all who has served our Country. To the ones who came home with the imprint of war on their lives forever, to the ones who are still fighting for our Great Nation and for the ones who gave all .
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Blog on girl friend!!
4. Comment on those 7 blogs to let the recipients know you've chosen them.
2. My handy man husband for living in my dreams. When I first started my business my dh would say why are you buying that. Now he will say aren't you going to pick another one of those up you might need two. Also for giving up his work shop so it can become mine... Thanks hun!
3. My Children with out them I am void. I have learned more from them than any one person in my life..
4. My sisters, we are as far apart as we are close. As a child I always wanted to be the only one, I would of sold them just as David was sold ;-) Now you couldn't pay me with all the cool junk in the world, they are my best friends.
5. My business The Vintage Attic. At my shop I am Melissa, I'm not Tanner's mom, Andrea's sister, Jim's wife, It fulfills my propuse, It helps defind who I am. I really like that part of me...
6. Scrapbooking, crafting and my pile of preposeful stuff, without it I would not beable to create and that is vital to who I am and what I love..
7. there is so much I could put here, but I have to go with, Plastic yard Pink Flamingos, I always wanted to be the persons yard that got flocked. Also Polka Dots (white ones on red) just make me smile...
Now for the bloggers on my list. If you have now yet check them out please do so..
1. Yvette @ http://www.thecharmhouse.blogspot.com/
2. Debra @ http://www.gloryfeathers.blogspot.com/
3. Arlene @ http://www.mycasabella.blogspot.com/
4. Sandi @ http://www.sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/
5. Kathi @ http://www.caretobead.blogspot.com/
7. Donna @ http://www.onawhimantiques.blogspot.com/
Thanks again Kathy aka shabby Chick. Not only did you give me a award but a challenge that I didn't think I was up for, but here it is, I think I covered it all. You helped me get out of my comfort zone;-)
Have Fun Melissa