She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Thursday, December 3, 2009

Not A Creature Was Stirring Not Even A Mouse

I awoke last night to the sound of little feet going pitter CLAP, pitter CLAP, yes I said it right, it was not pitter patter. My dog Samantha wanted a night snack at 2:08am, so she tried to eat the peanutbutter off a sticky mouse trap and got her foot stuck, I heard her walking down the hallway and knew by the sound what had happened. Just incase there was a mouse on it too, Jim had to get up and take her foot off. With the dog in the house I didn't want to set a trap that could snap her nose or feet, so we went with the sticky mouse traps, not my fav but I'm not sharing my house with a mouse, aleast not one out of a cage.
~
I could not sleep the rest of the night with the thought of that mouse still loose in my house..I have not seen a mouse in our house since 1998 the year we moved in. I HATE MICE! We trapped one of them but I seen another one. Those sneaky little rodants are avoiding the traps.. I am so ready to move...Then my sweet little sister in church last night said "they can climb into your bed at night". Thank you sis!!! So when I went to bed I had that thought in my head..No good sleeping in our house until that mouse or dare I say mice are cought...
~
Samantha our dog is just fine, I don't think she will be messing with any more mouse traps, only her pride was hurt lol!
If anyone out there has a Christmas mouse story, I would love to hear about it!
~
Merry Christmas,
Melissa

1 comment:

blushing rose said...

LOL I can just picture this, poor little pooch! Glad she's ok.

Oh, how I dislike those 'wee
visitors'. We use Decon & put it under our enclosed sink or linen or laundry closets where pets can't get to them but the pests find them, no problem.

Mighty Mouse visits once a year, & his offspring continue the yearly visits ... but one generation after another we eliminate.

TTFN ~ Marydon
Our new blog is ~ blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com
Please follow us there. Enter our GIVEAWAY also.