She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Buck For A Song, A Song For An Ornament

I picked this vintage church hymnal up for a 1$.
I wanted to make garland for my feather tree. I made 30 feet of song book garland that took days. I had most of the hymnal left over, couldn't waste a perfectly good hymnal, so I strated to see what else I could make out of a song

I wrapped this candle with a page, because if you have read any of my other blog post you know I don't like candle labels, so I decorate the jar to suite the room it's in.
After I mod podged this jar, I seen in the hymnal a Christmas song title. I had one of those moments where you say "I should of had a V-8". Maybe I'll redo it.


I made this garland for the tree but after I finished decorating the tree I liked it on my lamp in my craft room better.

Love the little dresses. I hand sketched a pattern on stock paper, it's nice to always made a pattern that way you have a templet if you want to make more than one.
I mod podged the whole dress and sprinkled mica snow flakes over the all the dress to give it a vintage glitter shine.




Love my vintage Victorian cones filled with goodies and covered in silver glitter.
I made lots of these, in all sizes.











Merry Christmas,
Melissa

1 comment:

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Melissa, love your tree decorations! The idea of making out of songs sheets is so clever! Happy Holidays!