She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Friday, November 27, 2009

Scrapbook/Craft Room Redo


out with the green in with the light blue...I finished painting the trim first. keeping this room light and airy, all of the scrapbook and craft supplys will give it enought color, don't want to over load so keeping it simple, just like an artist with a blank canvas...

painting finished...

hubby changing out switch plates...

my 3 $10 doors that will soon be my desk...what a find...

painting doors the same color as the trim in the room, keep it simple...

first door in...

used L brackets to mount doors to wall, that way I limit how many legs I use, so I will have more space around desk...
2nd door mounted.. will need to touch up paint when finished..

the door wall shelves are up, I used only one door for the shelves, we just cut it down the center...

left all the vintage hardware on doors in keep with the vintage charm...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

ALL FINISHED!!

my message board was an old cardboard picture in wood frame, just added batting on cardboard, then fabric, some ribbon, and ta da a message board.. message board was left over in box lots at an auction, can you say FREE!

I love my Eiffel Tower lamp it was a garage sale find for only $5...

spray painted an old filing cabinet pink...

this is were I now sit to blog and to read all the wonderful blogs I come across...So if you stop in to visit me let me know by a comment and I'll stop over to check out your blog and reply back..

added a glass top...


the hutch that holds all my scrapbook supplies... all my craft supplies are in the closet next to the hutch..
~~
I love my new digs.
Now when the hubby and kids come looking for me this is the first place they come to and, I'm always here. I don't think I'll be getting much done around my house for awhile..
~~
God Bless,
Melissa

8 comments:

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Great job! I love your old door used as desk and shelves and the hutch, I'm sure, works great for supplies.

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness, that came out just great!

You could link this with Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch so lots of people could see your beautiful work. :)

Jane said...

The room looks fabulous!! It has so much vintage charm, what a great place to create. I love how you used the old doors. I can see why this is the first place your family checks to find you...I'd have a hard time leaving that room.

patinamarie said...

Dear Fellow Crafter -

Nice room!!! I love the door desk/shelves idea. Seen tons of them made into benches and headboards. You just got a little more crafty!

A friend and I just re-did her craft room last year too! So much work, but so worth the investment. Now, if I could just get my "space" emptied out so I can get things re-organized and set-up for use.

If you visit my blog - go to Card Catalog and click on CRAFTY STUFF. Then scroll down to see her room.

(sorry, but I can't seem to post a hyperlink in comments???)

Tina

Atticmag said...

Wow! When I came to the part about using the old doors my head started spinning because I remembered I have an old door at my shop that would be perfect for this! I've been trying to figure out how to build a better home office for myself and you just gave me the answer. Woo Hoo! Love visiting all you crafty gals, you are so inventive.
Jane T.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great space! You and your husband did a great job. Thanks for sharing

Bonnie said...

What a nice room. Great idea with the doors- they are just the right size. I could use a room like this. Great job!

Merrie said...

You really had me intrigued- how on earth it that door was going to function as a desk without a smooth top. The whole room is amazing, I love it. Congratulations! Mine is still a work in progress.