She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Sad Day


Two days ago I received a letter in the mail from my favorite scrapbook store. With excitment I started to open it, I just knew they were going to have another incredible sale, I just couldn't wait to see what they were putting on sale this time. I was hoping it would be QuicKutz or paper, I love craft paper.


I started to read it, at the top of the letter it said... SPECIAL INVITATION.., oh yea this is big. Then the next line said...A HUGH STORE CLOSING SALE,..WHAT! well my heart dropped, this can't happen! Emotions started to work there way up to my eyes, yes I started to tear up. What was I going to do with out, Scrap Mania The Scrpabook Superstore. This puts a big fat monkey wrench in my Christmas list.


Today they will be having their big closing sale. It will be hard for them today to watch their merchandise go out the door at those prices. I know this because I was in there shoes just a few short months ago, when we had to close my beloved Vintage Attic after 7 and a half years in business.


Just last month the two Block Busters in my town closed, along with a country store and towns all around us are losing small business owner. This has to stop we have to join together and support small business. One thing about our great nation is how it started out with small business'es and now they seem to becoming few and far between.

God Bless,

Melissa

3 comments:

That Girl Ang said...

Very sad indeed. I am with you, I love shopping in small stores.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

It is so sad and scarey!
Hugs~Kelly

Lydia said...

Melissa,

I couldn't believe it either. Sad. Hope we can recoup as a nation.