She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Space

Recently I finished a project that I have been working on at my home.
~
It never fails, every time I get started on a project I think to myself I need to take a before photo. I never do. I always end up getting the photo after I get started, but this will give you an idea of the paint color that was in my bedroom. So 1980s with that dreadful painted wall boarder in pink blue and green.
I just couldn't take it any more, it was time for a change.
My oak furniture that I want to be white, will stay oak. As most of you know when your married there is alot of compromising going on, so the furniture stays oak and the big old ugly chair goes.. Oh yea there was a 5′ by 7′ green rug at the foot of my bed that was taken out and will not return.
we had to take off the door to get a big old ugly chair out of the room, that won’t be returning.
Jim ripped up old pink carpet from my closet, that we never took out. I think in this photo he was putting down the quarter round wood trim.
~~~~~
My New Retreat!





Love my new light, this was once brass and now its beautiful, shabby & white..

Sitting in this chair in the morning or anytime I want to get away and read is so comfortable.










After it was all done when I stood back and looked at it, I like the furniture just the way it is, in it’s natural state of oak. I love the the quite simpleness of the ligth blue color, the name of the color was called quiet moment and now that the room is finished I can see why.
We took a good van load of stuff out of this room that went to auction, and will not return in any form.
I really love the simplicity of this room. It has inspired me to start another room in my house, my spareroom that will be made into my office/scrapbook room. I’ll post that later, I’m in the process of taping it up to get painted.
Stay tuned to see what happens around here next.
God Bless,
Melissa

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Oh Melissa I am so GLAD you did not paint the furniture, its gorgeous just as it is. Your room turned out so nice.

Cheryl said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL TRANSFORMATION! SO ROMANTIC AND SERENE!