She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Before and After

Before

This past Saturday after leaving my sons soccer game, we stopped at a yard sale. I couldn’t resist. The lady that was having the sale said you look so familiar and I was thinking the same thing about her, come to find out she was a former customer of The Vintage Attic.
~~
She was selling this small side board, I over looked the veneer top that was buckling and the failed attempt to paint this piece. I left the yard sale without buying this sideboard, but it didn’t take me long to turn the car aroud go back to pick it up.
~~
Bonnie you will be glad to know this is what it looks like now. Your old sideboard has a new and beautiful life, It is headed to a shop in Luckett VA. there someone will fall in love with it and, ad it to their memories.
~~
After

God Bless,

Melissa

5 comments:

texasdaisey said...

I have always said that a little paint can fix just about anything and it is so true on this before and after. It turned out so pretty.
Debbie

Rebecca said...

Hello
Thank you for stopping by it is so nice to meet you.
Your sideboard looks great...
Did you have a shop?
You mentioned she was an old customer...
Blessings
Rebecca

Kathy said...

Melissa - I think white paint is pure magic - you did a beautiful job on that piece! Someone is going to LOVE it!

Have a great day!

Kathy

Lydia said...

Don't you just love what a little paint will do? :)

Looks terrific! Great piece.

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

WOW -- that is totally beautiful. I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you for linking to the Boardwalk Bragfest!