She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Saturday, October 24, 2009

Enchanting Small Town

The entrance to this home is so welcoming, I just want to climb the stairs and have a set, as if someone would come out and serve me a lemonade and a piece of apple pie...

This home was my absolute favorite, the white with the beach blue bead board ceiling, a wrap around pourch, I think it might be empty, looking for a realtor sign, it's calling my name.. oh no someone just went inside. I guess its not ment to be, besides it's not on the beach, I want mine on the beach..


Walking the street of a small town. We know about this town it's in the county we live in, but its not in our direct path of our busy lives, so we haven't been here in years and years. This particular Saturday we were passing through on our way to take our son to a sleep over at a friends house, on the way back through we stopped to enjoy the festival the town of Sharpsburg was having. What an enchanting place to visit..


Tie dyed T-shirt, hat with white flowers, enjoying popcorn on the square.

This antique buggy embellished the yard of this home..

Charming old stone home..



Town clock...

stained glass in church windows


great old home, just love the top pourch... I can see myself going out on the pourch in the morings with my cup of coffee saying good morning to the passing people..
does that only happen in the books I read anymore or is there still a place like Mayberry around...

Old stain glass...

There is something about small towns with charm that makes you want to live there, to be apart of such history, not to mention the hometown feel that you get from the people that live in a small town.. What a great feeling I left this town with.. What a great day!!
God Bless,
Melissa

3 comments:

blushing rose said...

Is this Sharpsburg, MD? Have a beautiful weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

The Vintage Attic said...

yes it is Marydon, did the Maryland state flag give it away..
Have a beautiful weekend also!
Melissa

Arlene said...

Hey, so glad to see you back on...got your comment, not sure if you can use another pan. The cake is pretty dense and I think the pan makes it easier to remove. But you can try an 8 or 9 inch size round pan, I wouldn't try to remove the cake from it. I hope you do make it and let me know how it turns out. You'll love it.
Lots of Hugs
My Casa Bella