She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Friday, September 4, 2009

A Day With A Friend

Lots to see here!!!! 3 floors of STUFF wonderful STUFF


Lucketts General Store was our first and last stop, Barb just had to go back to get this painting. She said its for her daughters apartment, but I also heard her say it would look great above her fireplace. Wonder were this painting will call home?



The Bee Keepers Cottage, Awwww luxury. Barb lets go, you have to get up now, I have room in the van if you want it, don't go to sleep we have alot of shopping to do.
If going to the Bee Keepers Cottage and want to make a purchase bring lots of $$$$$$ this chair was $798.00, but has you can see it may be worth every penny, it was comfy...

Next stop right down the road was On A Whim, just love it, all the white shabby chic furniture at great prices. 2 floors of great STUFF! A must if in Leesburg!!

There it is The Cottage, love this place. If you like shabby cottage, chippy paint, weathered, worn and wonderful stuff this is the place, very cozy...

Barb and I leaving The Cottage. another must if in Leesburg!

Streeets of Leesburg VA

I stepped out of my box and had luch at The Wine Kitchen, so glad I did, it was wonderfuly delightful..

My lunch was a grilled goats cheese with a slice of real ham ( not lunch meat) and a salad with a raspberry vinegar dressing, ice tea to drink with a vanilla sweetener.

This may be Barb and I's regular place to have lunch when we visit Leesburg..



Cute little shop lots of nice things at four shabby chicks, Barb loved the pink cowgirl hat, looked good on her...


My purchases at On A Whim I got a wonderful vintage bracelet & a box of scented drawer Liners, I love to open my drawers in my bedroom and have a sweet smell hit my nose instead of the smell of the wood drawers...

at The Cottage I had to have these vintage scales and this birds nest, I just love it!!!


At Lucketts General Store, A box of stamps that screams PARIS , oh the thing I can make with these, tags for gifts, scrapbooking, christmas ornaments....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Barb has worked for The Vintage Attic for 6 years, For 6 years we have been saying lets go to Leesburg together and shop, but the days Barb worked Iwas off, the days I worked Barb was off, so now were both off and have time to spend together just being friends..
What a wonderful day we had, can't wait to do it again ..
Melissa


1 comment:

Arlene said...

We were just in Leesburg a couple of weeks ago, isn't it a blast? Love going there to shop. Glad you made it down there, looks like you had lots of fun.