She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wrapping Thing Up

Wow! It has been an incredible last couple of weeks. When we announced that The Vintage Attic was closing it was one of the hardest things I had to ever do, but on the same hand I knew the economy left us with no other choice.
~
In July we did a 30% off sale that brought people in but still they didn’t do alot of spending until they knew we was no longer going to be in business, then the spending started. I guess the thought of never being able to get these items again hit them as it did me, so I went shopping too.

I got this piece for my spare room. Along with lots & lots of other items that I always wanted but never took home until the thought of knowing I can never get them again sit in!
~
Now in August we are doing a 50 % off sale. We sold most of the store the first week of the sale, but don’t threat there is still more so stop on by to see what you can take home from The VintageAttic to always remember us by :-)
~
The hard part of all this was when Jim was taking down the doors on the wall because someone bought them. The candle displays, chicken coop displays, jewelry displays, even the jars that once held the rosehips are all selling out and looking around at the store I once took so much pride in how it was put together now looks nothing like the place I onced loved.
~
The hardest part is saying good bye to the customers that over the years have become friends. These are the people that kept The Vintage Attic going for so many years, with out them we would have never made it this far and for them I am grateful! I do hope you all will stay in touch by visiting our website and sending us messages and letting us comments on our blog. I promise to reply back. I will still be blogging to let you guys know what we are up to!
~
Just as we was opening The Vintage Attic at its first location I said to my husband, Jim what if I don’t make it and I fail? Jim said to me, ” if you have a dream and never do anything to make it come true you have failed, but if you make your dream come true and it don’t last forever you have got to live that dream.” That is how I feel, like I have lived my dream and have been blessed by God beyond measure. Thank you Lord for answering my prayer you rock! I want to thank my husband for living in my dream with me because with out his support and back breaking hard work The Vintage Attic would of never got no farther than my heart.

Never take on a dream unless first consulting God.
Proverbs 31:16
( The Vintage Attic was my vineyard.)

God Bless, Melissa

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Hi Melissa, Your store will be missed, I'm sorry that it has to close, I will miss seeing it there. But it is not the end for you, this I know. Hang in there.
Lots of Hugs....
Arlene