She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Sunday, May 24, 2009

Freedom Is Not Free

Washington Monument
I was in ah at the beauty of these Monuments & Memorials in our Great Nations Capital.
Jefferson Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
White House
Capital
It was so serial to touch the wall at the Vietnam Momorial. To know that all these names had faces and familys and gave there ALL.






Out of all the magnificent sights we seen in Washington D C this was by far the worst one. The Reflecting Pool looked nothing like it did in the movie Forrest Gump, you know when Jenny ran through the water to get to Forrest. Now its just a pond. I hope I just cought it at a bad time, I hope it will be cleaned and brought back to its glory.


Happy Memorial Day to all who has served our Country. To the ones who came home with the imprint of war on their lives forever, to the ones who are still fighting for our Great Nation and for the ones who gave all .
To my Dad who served in the Army, to my father-in-Law who served in the Army during the Korean War, to my husband who served in the Navy during the Vietnam War, to my step daughter Heather who is serving in the Navy and has just returned from the Iraq War, to my niece Misty who is serving in the Air Force. I Thank You from the bottom of my heart, Because I know Freedom Is Not Free!
God Bless
Melissa

No comments: