She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Purposeful Stuff







The weather yesterday was sooo beautiful the temp was 88 . I worked in my garden all day, planting 4 types of tomatoes, radishes, onions, cucumbers, sweet red peppers, jalapeno peppers, cayenne red pepers & cantaloup.. My veggie garden use to be my flower garden, I still have some flowers but for the most part 95% is veggies, I think with all the colors of the veggies it will be just as beautiful..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I collect stuff and when I say stuff it can be anything that I think I might be able to reuse.. Like the windows in the pictures above. That end of my garden does not get as much sun as I would like it to and not much can be planted there. I didn't want to waste the space, so my handy husband and I made this window greenhouse, we hinged the top for easy access. I am hoping it will contain heat so plants can grow inside of it.. Can't wait for my first cookout, the window greenhouse will make for great conversation. Just to let you know its not finished I will have to add embellishments. So I'm off to my stack of stuff ;-) .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found in my stack of stuff I collect some large square oak post, I had my handy man cut them to a 3x3 blocks & smooth the edges. I painted them added some embellishment and mod podged then. Now I have some quite beautiful paper weights.





Have A Great Day!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Melissa - I just love your window greenhouse (I'm planning on making one for my garden too; have already cleared out the space) - can't wait to see how you embellish it!

And your paperweight blocks are so cute - what a great idea!

Enjoy the spring (raining here in Ohio today)...hummingbirds coming soon - can't wait!

Take care, Kathy

texasdaisey said...

I was just considering making one of those greenhouses! Yours is great. I love the blocks too. You always have such cool ideas.
Debbie

Kathy said...

Melissa - for your inspiring creations and blogging - you've received an award - check out my blog!

Have a great day!

Kathy

Arlene said...

Beautiful job on the greenhouse. What a handy hubby. And I love your paperweights, they turned out great. Miss seeing you.

Arlene
www.mycasabella.blogspot.com

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Melissa,
I love your little green house and your little paperweights are adorable. You are very creative!

Blessings,
Sandi