She Considers a field, and buys it,
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard
Proverbs 31: 16



Monday, April 6, 2009

The Purple Bag





Something about the purple bag. As I walk out of the scrapbook store I shop at carrying this purple bag as if it was a high end handbag. Well, it might as well be, because inside this bag is not just paper and glitter glue. No its imagination, its where these items can take you and the satisfaction they will give you when you get there. It's seeing your end result.

As I pull up in my driveway, get out of the car, grabbing the purple bag, hoping the neighbors see the purple bag ( you know what I mean, you want people to see your high end bag). No neighbors out today just my son and husband. The only two people in my life I would like to hide my purple bag from.
My son: Mom went to the scrapbook store!
Me: shhhh!!
My husband: What in the world did they have that you don’t already have in your scrapbook room.
Me: new paper.
My husband: you just got another rack to put all your paper on, why do you need more paper..
Me: Because it makes me happy!!!
My husband: ok then honey, if your happy I’m happy.
Me: kiss & hug, I’ll be in my scrapbook room, Later.
Yes, we go through this almost every time I go to the scrapbook store.

When I was moving my scrapbook room from downstairs to upstairs, my husband was helping me, bad idea, I should of did that myself . He said: how did you get all of this in the house without me seeing. I said: one piece at a time. Now he’ll sing that Johnny Cash song to me " One Piece At A Time". He thinks he's funny...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Melissa - I definitely can relate to what you're saying about "one piece at a time"... ha ha!!

Also, I looked at the pics of your store, and it looks like my kind of place! A nice place to come and stay awhile I'm sure!

Thanks for becoming a "follower" on my blog. I've added yours to mine as well!

Have a great spring day!

texasdaisey said...

I can so relate to your story. I love your background. It is so pretty and fresh. Thanks for joining in my giveaway. I so love meeting people and blogging has really helped in that area.
hoping to get to know you better.
Debbie